Monday, April 25, 2011

A blog about blogs: What is up with that?

Welcome to my mind. It is a scary place. It is a happy place. Most importantly it is a place filled with wrinkles and electrical signals firing off telling me what to write. If you are going to read my blog, let me preface by saying this. My grammar at times will be incorrect and my writing will mimic that of a fourth grader (a very intelligent fourth grader). Also, I am writing about things that I think about. Often times it will have to do with scripture and other times it will be completely random. That being said, you may not necessarily gain anything from reading this blog. But you will have a relationship with me on a level that didn't exist before. Welcome to "That's what Boo said!"

Every morning there are these two geese that fly directly over our house at precisely 8:00 am. I have seriously been out in the yard before when they flew over and couldn't hear myself singing because they were honking so loud and flying so low. It's as if they have a daily schedule that they follow and their daily commute is directly over my roof. What is up with that? They are quite beautiful and you can literally see the gleam in their eyes as they fly past. If anyone ever shoots them I will be very upset.

When I was about 10 years old my brother and I shared a room and a bed. We always seemed to get the haunted rooms in the houses that we lived in. I remember one of the houses we lived in on Bond St. in Mt.Pleasant, TN. There was a monster of some sort that lived under my bed, I'm certain of it. You may here kids say that from time to time and they may be lying, but I am not. There were times when I would be lying in bed and see something dart across my floor. One night in particular, I was woken up by a noise in the room. I was so afraid that I froze. Have you ever had those dreams where you are so afraid that you couldn't move? This was one of those moments, only I was awake. Right behind me was a chest of drawers and I was sleeping facing the middle of my bed with my back to the chest of drawers. I laid there for a moment frozen from the noise that I had heard. Then I heard the top drawer behind me slowly open. My brother was passed out in front of me and I tried to whisper: "Derrick. Derrick." But my mouth was dry and I couldn't make a noise. I heard something or someone rustling through the drawer and then something fell to the ground off of the top of the drawers. Then, silence. For close to 20 minutes there was silence. I laid there with my eyes clinched and tried to steady my breathing to pretend like I was asleep. After about 20 minutes I heard a noise that I will never forget. A giggle. Not like a little child giggle, more like a demon possessed Chucky giggle. "Hehehehehe!" But it was faint and not to loud and it was almost as if I could feel the creature's breath on my ear. I about lost it. I clinched my eyes and clinched the covers with my hands. My heart was racing and my breath was like that of a horse that had just won the Kentucky Derby. Yet, I still pretended like I was asleep. After that, I didn't hear anymore noises that night. I laid in bed with my eyes closed and my body frozen for hours until the sun came up. As soon as it did, I jumped up and woke my brother up and said; "Get up! Get up! Get up!" I explained to him what happened and he told me that I was a sissy. After a couple more hours I got up and asked my mom and step-dad if they had heard anything or had been in my room that night? They both said; "No." What is up with that?

No comments:

Post a Comment